Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: Yeaaaaaa Delta!!!!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Yeaaaaaa Delta!!!!

The kids and I left Kiev yesterday at 4:30 am, CST. When we arrived in Atlanta at 9:30 pm, EST, I got to the desk to check in and there was a problem. I had a boarding pass, but none of the kids did. The flight was overbooked. In short, the explanation I was given was that somehow the kids seats from here to Birmingham had been given up. Yes, the flight had been oversold. I had the 3 of them looking at me, and I know that I had to maintain composure. With at much class as I could gather, I let them know of my disdain at the airline's apparent lack of competency and then I headed to speak to a supervisor. We spent the night in Atlanta and I am posting this from our hotel room. We should be back in Birmingham at 9:30 am. I am glad that it happened here instead of New York. At any rate, the kids all enjoyed a Belgian waffle. Food does a lot to help make things better.

Paula is back in Kiev. She moved into a flat that was made available to us by some missionaries at the last minute, and is close to the Embassy. It is a much better place and I am thankful to God for giving Paula a good situation before I left. At this point, I think we all feel connected almost well enough to live in Kiev and survive without much problem. Our facilitators have felt that way for a while.

As for Chris, he is officially our son. The court decree and birth certificate SHOULD be available today. I hope that Chris will spend his last night at the orphanage Sunday night. He is so ready to get out of Ukraine. Please pray for Paula. If everything goes perfectly, she will be home some time between Saturday and Tuesday.

2 comments:

Suzette said...

WOW!! It seems like you all have been there SO-O-O long! I am so glad everybody will be home soon! I know Chris is pumped!! We look forward to seeing you all!!
Suzette and family

Chris G. said...

Ande, I forgot to congratulate you on your new son today when we spoke. That is so awesome. Can't wait for you all to be together at home.

Chris and Gina