Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: Long Days

Friday, January 18, 2008

Long Days

The last 2 days have truly been a waiting game. Thanks to all of you for your prayers. God has granted us favor an I am closer to coming home- and coming back! Let me explain...Wednesday, I took Chris to the passport office to have his digital photo made. Simple enough, I thought. George had already met with the official Tuesday afternoon and paid the expediting fees. We came at 2:00 pm, met the official, and got in line. There were only 2 people in front of me, so I felt pretty good. At 4:30, that feeling had completely left me! At 5:30, Chris was at the end of his rope. It took 4 hours, but by 6:00 we were told that we would have a passport on Friday evening.

On Thursday, George and I were off to the SDA at 11:15 am. Katia, thankfully, agreed to watch Chris because he could not go with me. I told Katia I would be finished by 1:00 pm-HA! At 5:30, I was in the last of 3 lines for the day. Despite the frustration, I was given both the original dossier we had submitted (for you-know-who), which would have been null and void in February. Miraculously, another number printed for us while I was in line for our dossier to be resubmitted in March. I could only do this in Ukraine! A new law was passed in January that prevents updates. So this is possible only because of our delay. Without this new number, we probably could not have submitted until the summer (over 1200 families have requested a number for 2008). God is good.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I am so excited that you are seeing a special blessing in your delay! Hurry home with your son, and we will keep praying about the return trip and your sweet girl!

nour said...

Paula,

All I can say, is " more power to you ! or better yet, God's power!"
You are going to turn into a Ukranian befor long. Anderson told me how good it felt to be back and we understand. I will be praying for you tonight, just keep holding on, this rollercoaster ride will be over soon.

Nour

Jennifer said...

How miraculous. So many times we don't understand delays and frustrations and how they play into God's picture. How neat to catch a glimpse of that already.

The Hennesy Family: Trace, Stacie, Lauren, Ryan, Megan, and Kaitlyn said...

We are praying for your journey to America to begin early next week, and can't wait to see you back in Alabama!

Unknown said...

I love when He lets us see a glimpse into the perfection of His timing. Praying for peace and strength as you make it through these last few days and big challenges in the Ukraine.