Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: One Step Closer

Monday, January 14, 2008

One Step Closer

This morning went great. We got the country code quickly and easily. Now they send it somewhere- who knows! George took the new birth certificate to register it with the Mininstry of Justice.

I saw Chris yesterday, and he was very sad at first. After a short talk with Papa in America, though, he was back to mostly smiles! He really misses Ande and the kids. But he is a trooper. I have given him my extra cell phone now, so I get several calls a day from him. He thinks it is really cool to call me whenever and see what I'm doing.

The plan is for me to go get Chris from the orphanage tomorrow around lunch. Finally- yeah!!

I would like to ask for prayer in a certain situation. As you have all read, we have spent a lot of time with several orphan graduates. One of them is making very poor choices and is harming herself with her choices. I am completely frustrated with this situation. I have made time almost every day for weeks to be with this girl, and I'm just not getting through. Only God can rescue her from herself. Please pray that He does. I confronted her yesterday, and it was very difficult. I am not sure how she will act now. It is all in God's hands. Thanks for joining me in lifting her up to Our Father.

I love all of you and miss you so much.

Paula

6 comments:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

We will pray with you! See you soon!
The Smiths Here and There :)

Chris and Vickie Nichols and family said...

We will pray for you and Chris in these final days that God will sustain you both with His grace. Hang on it is almost over! Kole was soooooo glad to see Noah yesterday! We will pray for the girl you have been meeting with and that God open her eyes and her heart to His love. Blessings, The Nichols

BKE said...

We are praying for you! I know it is harder being there on your own... Also praying for the graduates. Take care...

Hall family said...

My heart aches so much for the situation with the graduates...so much is needed to help them...it takes more time than any of us spend there adopting and it is trying to undo a lifetime of bad choices that were made all around them...you are right...only God can make the change and she has to be ready for that...We continue to pray and love from a distance and thank you for being arms and legs of the body of Christ to so many during your stay. Praise God Chris is on the last leg of this! Love Valerie

Ronda said...

We are praying for all of you! What a difficult situation for these graduates. You have such a big heart and I do pray for the right words to come through you from HIM!

Unknown said...

I believe that the time you have invested in her, being obedient to do and say what God calls you to, will not come back void. She maybe upset, but I believe the love you show her will make a difference at some point. Praying for peace and wisdom.