Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: Finally Pictures

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Finally Pictures


After a week in this flat, we finally have the ability to post pictures. It is as if we are working with contractors! Every time we ask "When will we get internet?" The answer is always "Tomorrow." Such is life when you are reliving the movie "Groundhog Day."

We have all the papers needed to petition the court. We hope to find out more specifics tomorrow.

I (Ande) am back in Ukraine in all its glory. After a very tough week for all of us, it is good to be back with Paula and the kids.

Andrey is doing great. He has picked a name- Chris. He will be known as Christopher Andrew Underwood after we finish with this process. After we bent our minds thinking of names for him before we got here, he would not budge off of "Krees." Half of the time I cannot even call my other 3 kids by their proper names, now I get to make the transition from Andrey to Chris.

His English improves daily and he is motivated to learn. He really has the look of "Hey, I cannot believe I am being adopted." He was talking with some of the other boys in the orphanage who are more savvy about adoption and they let him know that the process can take a year. He asked us how in the world we got our paperwork in so fast, since we just met him this summer. I almost choked on my shashlik! I told him that we have been trying for 2 1/2 years to get paperwork in and he just "came along at the right time." He thought that was great...he said "Klas!", which means cool. He quickly went and informed all of the lads about his good fortune.


Until we do the exact same thing tomorrow,
Ande

6 comments:

Suzette said...

Alexndra and I think "Krees" is a great name for a boy who is coming home at "Kreesmas"! Give him a big hug from us and tell him we can't wait to see him again!

Suzette

Unknown said...

What a beautiful sight to see all of your children together.:)

Judge said...

Hey;
Ande,Paula and all 4 kids.It'good to know that Ande got back safely.We are delighted to know that everything is going well and we are praying that you get a court date real soon.Christopher Andrew Underwood sounds like a great name for a grandson that we can't wait to meet. Did you get the e-mail I sent you? The 4th elf was sopposed to be Chris but I couldn't get his picture to work. May God continue to bless you all. Love & Prayers, Mom & Dad Burns.

Jennifer said...

YEA! I'm so glad to know a name for your new son. I love the pictures too!

Ethel said...

The Hartsocks posted that their siblings are getting along well and it seems that way for all of you, too. We are specifically praying for that today as well as an early return - as always, we will really miss you on Monday at Master's. Can't wait to meet Chris!

Unknown said...

That is a great picture of the kids!!! I miss you guys so much!!! I can't wait to see ya'll!!:) I'm glad that Ande got back safely! I hope that you're one step closer to adoption!! Come home soon!! I love ya'll very much!! Be careful!!
Amyaim