Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: Chrismas Eve

Monday, December 24, 2007

Chrismas Eve

It was a white Christmas Eve. Today the six of us had a chance to be together for a longer period of time. The Warden let Chris out at 1:00 to spend the night. He is ecstatic. I am not even sure he knows what happens at this time of year, but the excitement is written all over his face. We went to the Piepon's home (American missionary doctor and his family- been in UK for 6 years) tonight to have a little time to hear English spoken and meet some other Americans. Chris could not get back to the apartment fast enough. He just wants to be able to relax at "home." BTW, thanks to those of you who called today.

I (Paula) am a huge "tradition" person- especially at Christmas. My family only had few traditions, so I really try to make the holidays special for the holidays with lots of traditions. This is one of the hardest things about being here at this time of year for me. As we walked through the metro, I was sad thinking how these people were just going about with no concern for Christmas. New Year's is the big holiday here, Christmas is really just a day off work (they actually celebrate it on Jan. 7th b'c of the Russian orthodox calendar). Then all of sudden, I felt a little hand reach and grab mine. It was my new son. He flashed me a huge smile! Wow- this is the first time he's been to a Christmas party or anywhere holding his mom's hand. He was abandoned at birth. I thought, "but Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Thank you, Father, for giving me so many treasures to ponder for many years to come.

We got the tree decorated, watched "Charlie Brown Christmas" and "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" on YouTube. Ah, technology. Speaking of technology, please enjoy the slideshow attached to this post. We hope this is especially a blessing to all of our friends at home who are still waiting for their "turn". Take some time to pray for the fatherless all over the world tonight.

God Bless You All,

The Underwoods

10 comments:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Oh Ya'll... Oh my gosh. tears just rolling down my face. Thank ya'll so much. This is just beautiful. & thank you for the way you shared so many of the faces that touch our hearts. This is the best Christmas gift a waiting Mama can get. The song was more perfect than you will ever believe... God is good.
With love and more thanks than you can know.
Merry Christmas...
Jenn

Suzette said...

The last time I talked to V I told him I was hoping to wake up Christmas morning and find him under my tree. He thought that was so funny! I can't wait to tell him I got the next best thing. Thank yall so much. What a great gift to wake up to! We will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. Merry Christmas!
Suzette

Hall family said...

WOw...I am so very moved. THANK YOU for taking the time to put this together. It paints a beautiful picture of God's love and our calling to make sure orphan children all over the world know of His love. Thank you Paula, Ande and Underwood children, for being the hands and feet of Christ to so many lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Merry Christmas,
Love The Hall Family

Judge said...

MeMaw Burns says "I just read your christmas blog and I miss ya'll being here so much!! I will be so glad when ya'll get back. It was so good to talk to you just now on the phone. May God bless you all and bring you home safely real soon. All my love ,Me maw Burns

Tanya said...

The show is fantastic....I pray things are going well for you guys. I hope the bonds continue to grow... Hope to see you ALL home very soon!

Tanya

Ronda said...

Wow - this is all so new to me, yet as the tears flowed, I just prayed for each of these children and the impact that Christ, through you, is having on them. Merry Christmas!
The Chandlers

Pat & Karen said...

We had a quiet moment to catch up on your blog and what a wonderful way to start the day. We are so happy that you are almost there. We can't wait to show our kids the video you posted. What a blessing. Pat says thanks for making him cry. We love you guys. Hug on those kids for us. Love Pat and Karen

Rebecca said...

Dear Ande, Paula, Anderson, Noah,& Lily,
I just found your blog, so glad to find it and be able to read and keep up with you. You are in our prayers. Hope to see yall when you get back. Love, Aunt Rebecca

Jennifer said...

Beautiful - makes me long more for the day we can be adding another child to our family through adoption. What a blessing it is and I'm so glad you're getting to experience it too. Thanks so much, Underwoods!!

Beth said...

Dear Underwood Family, You have been in my prayers and on my heart...I am so thankful that you answered the call of Jesus and that you are there to minister to these precious children who need Christmas every day. Thanks for the touching video...it reminds me not to take my family and a million other blessings for granted. We look forward to your return, and Chris, we can't wait to meet you! Love, Beth Sims