Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: We are OK!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

We are OK!

Dear family and friends,
I cannot tell you how much all of your posts have meant to us during this time. We feel your prayers and love, and we feel immeasurably blessed. We long to see all of you again, and tell you personally how much you mean to us. Ande has made it back home safely, and the funeral is at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. We are fairing well here now that I have a working phone. Ande tried to leave me so prepared, but forgot to tell me the password to our cell phone. So I was without any communication or phone numbers for a day- I know that we didn't have any of these modern conveniences when I was growing up, but I can't imagine what people did (and I lived it!). It was a helpless and anxious feeling for several hours, but all is good now. I think I'm the only woman who has ever taken three kids all over Kiev on the Metro, at least that's what all the stares are communicating. And at every official visit we make for documents, I am told that it is impossible for such a small woman to have three children- and want more. As our facilitator, George, would say, "It is unreasonable!" But I just smile, and say "spaceba" (thank you). By the way, I do have a new phone number- 380 678726947.

Please continue to pray for my sweet husband and our family. Anderson informed me today that he does not like being the man of the family, and is ready for dad to get back! Ande will fly out on Sunday and get back here Monday morning.

Andrey is doing great. We had our official visit with the director (more to come later), a whole 3 1/2 hours, and the kids were wonderful. She told everyone at the orphanage what angels they were! At least for a few hours! Andrey is really warming up to our family, opening up, and we're really seeing his precious personality. He is very smart, is #1 in his English class, and his English is improving everyday.

Blessed beyond measure,
Paula and the kids

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the great update. We are still praying - for all of you, and are so grateful for the wonderful details you shared about Andrey. What a special young man he must be! He'll fit your sweet family just perfectly!

Jennifer said...

Just heard of this family, adopting in Ukraine right now also. Here's their blog and story. http://www.kristinasstory.blogspot.com/

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Hey Paula! We are praying with you guys... You are doing great! Thank you for updating us!
Blessings to you guys!
The Smiths ~ Here and There ;)