Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: Please Pray

Friday, November 23, 2007

Please Pray

As I (Ande) write this, my father is in a hospital in Dothan, AL. He had surgery on Tuesday to remove a cyst on his brain, a somewhat routine procedure. 72 hours later, he is in a coma. I spoke to my mom tonight and she is preparing for the worst case. Please pray wisdom for my mom and brother, who is there with them.

Right now I am staying the course on which we were brought and praying without ceasing. If The Father does call my dad home, mom and I are at peace. Our relationship has been good and I am grateful for the influence he has had on my life. I am so glad that I drove 3 hours to visit him the Sunday before I left. On that visit, he told me how excited he was to meet Andrey and that he was ready to love Andrey just like he did our other 3 children. It was a very good time.

Maybe someone reading this needs to get in the car to go see a parent.

On the adoption front, everything seems to be going well. Our facilitator got the referral yesterday and we went today to get the inspector to sign the paper that allows us to make the official visit to the orphanage on Monday. From there, we hope for the court date to be assigned by the end of the week. From what our facilitator says, Andrey is regarded as one of the best boys in the orphanage. It is nice to hear people brag on your kid, even when he is not yours yet.

I will go for now. We are on to our first weekend in Kiev. Hopefully we will move to another flat.

Thanks for cheering in the stands for us.

AU

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello to all!
You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.
gina

Jennifer said...

So sad to hear the news about your dad at a time when you aren't able to physically be there. We'll be praying for your family and for God's peace.

The Hennesy Family: Trace, Stacie, Lauren, Ryan, Megan, and Kaitlyn said...

Hi Underwoods-we are so sorry to hear about your father, and will pray that God shows himself mighty through this situation. We love you guys.

The Hennesys

Ira Kurylo said...

hey guys! just writing to tell you i'm praying for your family. hope everything goes well with the adoption

ira kurilo

Tami said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Amy said...

I am praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry about your dad. You're staying close to our hearts.

Unknown said...

Ande and Paula,
We are praying for all of you- for peace and strength and for you to feel God's presence in an unmistakable way.
We love you!
The Cottons

Ronda said...

I am so excited to hear about your blog and that this is truly happening for you all. My heart just breaks about your dad but I am so thankful for the peace that God has brought you. He has His hand on you and your family and I pray that you will continue to feel His presence. I love reading your updates and seeing how God is working in the lives of these children and all of those affected by them. Love and prayers are coming your way!

The Chandlers

Brockfamily said...

Ande and Paula,
We are praying for you all. We know it must be so hard to be away from your family. May you know God's grace and peace in all circumstances.
Love from the Brocks!