Locations of visitors to this page Underwood Family Adoption: Leaving Soon!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Leaving Soon!

Unlike most families, we have had a month's notice of when we would be leaving. In these final hours, we are ready to leave so that we can stop wondering what else we have to buy, or pack, or remember for that matter.

We are excited that so many people we know are, or will be, in Ukraine with us. I know of no other situation where so many friends have been together to accomplish the same thing at the same time. It is as if God were "parting the Red Sea" of the orphanages in Ukraine.

As for the details, we will get on a plane headed for New York at 10:35am this Friday. We will stay overnight and fly to Kiev at 5:45pm on Saturday. From there, I have no idea.

Pursuing the dream......

8 comments:

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! We have been praying for you & each and every family and child we know of that is getting ready to be forever changed! Please know you are in our thoughts!
Love
The Smiths ~ here and there :)

Unknown said...

Yea! We are thrilled that you are finally on this leg of the journey. Can't wait to see how God works while you are in the Ukraine. We will be praying!

Hamid Roll Tide!!!!!! said...

Hey Anderson im so happy that you and your family are going to Ukraine.My mom just wants to let you know to stay away from the exit doors on the plane, and happy travel.
I don't know if you have choseen your electives yet, but I will tell you mine if you want to be in the same class as me.

I'm doing sculpting, readers theatre, and music theatre.

We will be watching so see ya!!

Hamid Al-Dlaigan

Hamid Roll Tide!!!!!! said...

Hey it says its from my mom ,but its from me Hamid.

Jennifer said...

Hey ya'll,
We're praying right now, as you are about to fly out. We're beyond excited to see how God has worked in your lives for several years to get you to this point. We are looking forward to reading updates often! Love, the Vines family

Brockfamily said...

Hey Guys,

We love you and are so excited to be a part of your journey. We will be praying and checking the blog every day. Have fun!

Love,
Joan and the family!

Melissa E. said...

Hello! Joan Brock sent me a link to your site. We leave soon too. Dec 7th! Maybe our paths will cross?!!

Amy said...

I am so happy for you all!!! I'm anxious for your updates, and I am praying for you!!! Amy B. (Laney's Mama!!!)